Our Privacy Principles
- We do not sell your personal information.
- We do not share customer medical information with anyone within the Assurant Mortgage Services family of companies unless you expressly authorize the sharing, or it is permitted or required by law.
- We do not allow those with whom we do business to use our customer information for their own marketing purposes.
- We contractually require any person or business providing products or services on our behalf to safeguard our customer information.
Information We May Collect
Types of information we may collect and how we gather it:
- From you (or provided to us on your behalf), on applications and other forms you submit to us; for example: your name; address; social security number; telephone number; employer; and income.
- For your transactions with our companies or other nonaffiliated parties; for example: your name; address; telephone number; age; credit card use; insurance coverage; transaction history; claims history; and premiums.
- From consumer reporting agencies, public records and data collection agencies; for example: your obligations with others and your creditworthiness.
- From health care providers, such as doctors and hospitals; for example: your past or present health condition. Health data will be collected only if we need to find out if you are eligible for coverage, process claims, prevent fraud, as authorized by you or as the law may permit or require. NOTE: We collect health data only to manage a health-related product or service; for example: life or disability insurance, for which you applied.
- From you when you enroll, request a service, or file a claim on one of our websites; for example: your name, address, contract number, credit card issuer and account number, personal identification number, e‑mail address, service contract and claim information.
Information We May Disclose or Share and with Whom
We may share customer information with other entities as needed to deliver products and services to you, provide customer service, or handle your account.
Disclosures Permitted by Law
We may share customer information as described above and as permitted by law.
Disclosures for Joint Marketing and Servicing
We may share customer information with persons or organizations inside or outside our family of companies that perform marketing services for us or with whom we have joint marketing agreements.
Information Regarding Former Customers
We treat the information of prospective and former customers in the same manner as existing customers with respect to the use of personal information.
Our Security Procedures
We restrict access to customer information to those employees whom we know have a valid business purpose to have access to such data. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We require those who provide services for us and to whom we provide your data to keep your information safeguarded and confidential.
Notice of Insurance Information Practices
We may collect personal information from persons other than the individual or individuals proposed for coverage. Personal information as well as other personal or privileged information subsequently collected by us may in certain circumstances be disclosed to a third party without your authorization. You have the right to access and correct all personal information collected. A more complete Notice of Insurance Information Practices will be furnished to you upon request.
New Mexico and Vermont Residents
As required by state law, we will not share your financial or health data without your permission except as allowed by applicable New Mexico or Vermont law.
American Bankers General Agency, Inc.
American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida
American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida
American Bankers Management Company, Inc.
American Memorial Life Insurance Company
American Security Insurance Company
Assurant Service Protection, Inc.
Assurant Services of Puerto Rico, Inc.
Caribbean American Life Assurance Company
Caribbean American Property Insurance Company
Consumer Assist Network Association, Inc.
Federal Warranty Service Corporation
Insurec Agency & Insurance Services, Inc.
National Insurance Agency
Reliable Lloyds Insurance Company
Service Delivery Advantage, LLC
Standard Guaranty Insurance Company
Time Insurance Company
Tracksure Insurance Agency, Inc.
Union Security Insurance Company
Union Security Life Insurance Company of New York
United Service Protection, Inc.
United Service Protection Corporation
Voyager Indemnity Insurance Company
Voyager Service Warranties, Inc.
IA American Life Insurance Company
Ranchers and Farmers Mutual Insurance Company
Southern County Mutual Insurance Company
State and County Fire Mutual Insurance Company